I'm a liberal pagan living in West, Texas. Yes. That West, Texas.

Saturday, January 27, 2007

..............FRIENDS IN HIGH PLACES..............

I have had such a wonderful day....worked at the library this morning and fun with the kids...made 2 new kiddie friends...and got one of them to check out a book...yeah..!..I came home and read my paper, did my crossword puzzles...and took my blood sugar..it was 116..so I did good...I'm reading my new book and mentally flinching every time someone walks by the apt. out in the parking lot...(have to get used to them out there)...and then ...oh my Goddess, some one is knocking at the door...eeeeeek!...Oh,wow...it's a package from the Indian Princess Nancy...a care package...'cause she cares...Inside was a beautiful box with a panda on the top and inside is a pair of the loveliest earrings..a big fat white frog with red hearts all over him...with a tag that says I love you all over it....clutched in his little arms is a bunch of pamplet's about diabetes...lots of wonderful information..found out I was taking my blood sugar too early..2 hours after I eat..not one...see..learned something good already...and best of all...a baggie full of treats...organic dark chocolate covered raisins...I can't begin to tell you how tasty they are..oops, I hear them calling my name ...nummy nummy nummy!!!
I took a picture of my frog, panda and earrings along with a card I received from my Canadian buddy, ey, Ol Lady....
On the outside it says..'Stuff that gets on my nerves more than it should:slow people at the salad bar' and shows a woman picking over some lettuce and tomatoes..inside it says.."Holy crap! It's not a decorating contest...' and the woman reacting by tossing the salad everywhere...Other than the fact that holy crap(or holy shit) is my favorite expression...can't understand why she thought I would enjoy the card...haha..You know I loved it...So many thanks to you both..
Man I just can't eat one of those raisins...I don't think she meant me to eat them all at once, but if they make it through the day, it will take a miracle..or lightning to strike me dead...(I'm eating them so fast I know when I go to the bathroom tonight, they will ping when they hit the sides of the bowl...hows that for a visual..)
So I, as I like to say...made out like a bandito..si, I done good...
Thanks so much to my great friends ...for the card and the goodies..will light special candles for you...
Ok, I'm going to have to lock the raisins away...
fuckme till I 'm organic....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

am I really first??? WOW!!!
it's a good thing that you are not packin...those old farts walkin by would be in a world of hurt :)
the chocolate rasins sound yummyyyyyyyy

apositivepessimist said...

aw fuck Ol’ Lady beat me...I’m SECOND tho.

oh that was just chock full of *cackles* reading that.

Heh if you were packing you could make like yer at one of them sideshow shooting range....*ding..ding..ding*.

well fuck it still could be fun, even with a spitball gun or one of them potato guns, where you stick the muzzle into a spud, pulling out a nice little plug of potatie to shoot people with.

Anonymous said...

hahaha oh my and i love choc covered raisins, yet that image is burned in the old mind now lol

wonderful to have great friends :) i sit here tonight tryin to figure out jus who really are my real friends (outside of fam of course) anywhoooooo....

glad all is going well for you chick :)

Anonymous said...

I had to spend the day with Bruce's mom and him so I'm glad your day was good and my care package brought joy to you. Go Gophers!

Wait till baseball season and I'l send you one that says Twins on it. I had more fun with that damn shirt...people thought it was about my boobs...twins hahahahahaha

yellowdoggranny said...

NANCY: OHHH, MY TWINS WILL LOVE IT..