I'm a liberal pagan living in West, Texas. Yes. That West, Texas.

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

.......ANONYMOUS PACKAGE IN THE MAIL.......


Today when I went to the mail boxes I found a package..to Jackie Sue Denney.....so it's someone who knows me as most of my mail is to Jacque Denney..I open it up and find two packages of kitty treats..nice kitty treats...and a baggie full of what I think is marijuana...Hey I haven't smoked reefer in years, what do I know...So I look at it closely and think ...no..someone has sent me some sort of bulbs packed in dirt....no....I look closer...there are little deformed looking mice in there...So I open it up and it still smells like reefer to me..but it's catnip..and there are a bunch of different sized toy mice stuffed in this huge baggie of kitty reefer..The minute I opened the baggie, Annie jumped off the couch and ran over to the chair and did that weird open mouth smelling ...she would sniff the bag and then open her mouth and look at me ..'like..hey..don't bogey the catnip.'...I tossed one of the mice(and they look so real, it's scary)...across the room and Judas Priest..she went fucking nuts...she grabbed it up, and took off, throwing it up in the air, running around the room, up on the couch, jumping across the tables,down the hall way to the bedroom, under the bed, into the bathroom, back in the living room, back down the hall, before she finally came prancing back in the living room with it clutched in her teeth, fell on the shit brick carpet and proceeded to kill it..They come in different sizes but she likes the tiny ones that really look like mice..the bigger one with the bell on the tail, doesn't interest her to much...and she loves the treats..Now..the problem? I don't know who sent it..am I on some cat treat mailing list?...Do I have a secret admirer...?..Well, actually does Annie have a secret admirer as the package may have been addressed to me..but it was for Annie..Unless this is someone's way of calling me a pussy...So...who ever you are....Annie thanks you...and says if it's not too much trouble ...can you send Junebugg's cat Rufus down for a little R&R...?
That cat up top is not Annie, but she looks just like her..

12 comments:

Nit Wit said...

They say catnip is like heron to a cat. I guess some just don't like to be stoned.
Its -8 here right now and I think I could piss ice cubes.
My kids dog refuses to go outside and I'm very glad I'm on vacation.
Better hope the cat cops don't come after Annie.
I need to find something to blog about.
You people seem to like it when I do.

Ol' Lady said...

well now...aren't you the 'special' one :) folks sendin ya all kinds of stuff in the mail...and even stuff fer yer pussy :o

Nit Wit said...

I mean Crack I can't spell the other word and neather can my spellchecker.

Unknown said...

You can get catnip in the herb section and grow it indoors in a small pot, Annie will love you forever! I've got a small hollow heart that you put catnip in, it has holes in it so the cats can smell it but not get to it.

yellowdoggranny said...

babs: as soon as you sent me the email, I went damn,I remember you telling me you were sending some treats that peaches wouldn't eat...Annie loves you...thanks again.
nitwit: I can't spell herion(??) either...and neither can my spellcheck..what fun...yeah, she gets so weird on catnip...I don't want to make you cry..but it's 71 degrees here....and will be tomorrow too..nana nana boo boo...hehe..
Please..blog more..I loved your last one..and if anyone here does not read nitwit..you don't know what you're missing...he's one of my heroes...gotta love him...
ol lady:yeah, I get cat nit, treats, t-shirts, jewelry,home made jelly, sweat shirts,books, stuffed animals, and oh yes,.... a hard drive from canada for my computer..ha...I have such wonderful friends...you're all in the will...in pen...my kids remain in the will, but in pencil..when they piss me off, I can just erase them..you guys are in till the bitter end..
juney: I will have to get some catnit plants..think annie would like that alot..she lays on the baggie of kitty weed and purrs....actually it sounds more like a hummmmmmmm.ha

carina said...

Aww, that was so nice! I've had cats who were indifferent to catnip, and others (like my current one) who gets looped out of his little gourd on the stuff.

yellowdoggranny said...

carina: yea, Chuck and Al, could have cared less about cat nip...Annie is about the first cat I have ever had that is a nut for cat nip..she is a catnip junkie...going to have to put her in betty ford for her problem..

Mouthy Girl said...

Sweet Jesus! I love it when cats get high on the 'nip! Wish I could have seen it. I liken Annie's antics to when Buddha's zooted up on chocolate!

Sorry I've been awol lately. It's been a bitch on this end.

BUT tomorrow should be a snow day! It's coming down like a bitch in heat. Even though it's completely dark outside, Richie and I took Robert out for a few rounds on the front lawn in his new SLED! Good times! I'll take snow pics tomorrow! *hard hugs*

Patty said...

aww kitty crack. Mine love the stuff. I have one of those cardboard cat scratcher thingies and I stick cat nip on it. They go wild. I have never seen my cats scratch the furniture. I've been thinking of growing cat nip, but I don't know how to dry it. Unless throwing it in a baggie after it dies counts ha ha

Josh said...

Sounds like Annie's got some nice playthings!

This is pretty coincidental, since I blogged about anonymous packages this evening too...

Sling said...

Oh great...Now Annie is gonna have to get into a 12-step program before her next movie/hit single/bid for a seat in congress....sigh..

yellowdoggranny said...

buddhagirl: oh I can see buddha on chocolate..i know you have been ankle deep in work and snow and with sick baby..you're my hero...teacher, wife, mom...what a job you have..
autumn:kitty crack..exactly...I am going to try and grow some..I think babs does..
Josh: i will have to come over and check it out.Annie right now is hanging upside down from the ceiling..
sling: yup, have to check both of us into betty ford..her for catnip, me for Dr.Pepper with drawl..