I'm a liberal pagan living in West, Texas. Yes. That West, Texas.

Monday, February 19, 2007

.......WE SHOULD BE MORE LIKE FLAMINGOS.......





Sometimes I find an article in the paper and I think...I have to pass this bit of information on....this is one of those articles...more of my DAM News...
DALLAS ZOOLOGISTS ARE FINDING THAT CAPTIVE FLAMINGOS PLAY THE MATING GAME BY SOME PRETTY WILD RULES.....
The Dallas Zoo is discovering things you might or might not want to know....I wanted to know this..Captive flamingos usually mate for life..but they also flock together in some very interesting ways..
They
mate up by two males pairing up some times two females pairing up..They are known to have threesomes and also foursomes..They are not to picky..Zoologist Jeanette Boylan said "the male-male pairs tend to be good fathers." "They are very attentive."..
Since flamingos in captivity have problems getting to reproduce this led
to the research of the mating habits of flamingos..Captive flamingos have a distinct hierarchy:
1. Male-male pairs
2. Male-female pairs
3. Female-female pairs
4. Single males
5. Single females
They have a complex mating dance that sometimes ends in an eruption of avian indulgence. They usually start out with 'head flagging,' where all the members of the flock, male and female, stand up with their necks stretched towards and wag their head back and forth very fast..That will lead to a 'wing salute,' where they all open their wings very wide to show the black feathers on the unders
ide. Then they may march in unison or perform an "inverted wing salute,' where the birds push their wings back behind them almost like they're at Gold's gym working on their triceps. But no matter what they do ...it all ends up the same way...A gigantic flamingo sex orgy where all the birds start mating with their chosen one or ones at the same time.. I bet when there are thousands of them going at it..it's a very beautiful sight.But with committed same-sex pairs, which happens more often in captivity than in the wild, because of the small flocks, the mating doesn't end up quite like it is supposed to with the birth of baby flamingos. Couples will go to extremes to get babies to raise.A Female might chippy with a male outside her pairing, then bring up the baby with her girlfriend. Males will steal a heterosexual couple's egg and raise it as their own. They get away with stealing the eggs by sheer force of number as there are more male-male in captivity then in the wild. Trios and quartets are rare and only seem to form under specific circumstances in captivity.
A male-female-female trio might form when a second female joins an established heterosexual pair or a female attracts a male who alread
y has another pairing. All sorts of pairings can happen in most zoos...which leads to the fact that a baby flamingo hasn't been born at the Dallas zoo since 1989...
Now I'm not saying we should steal each other's baby's or have a baby with someone so you can take it to be with your other mate...but I don't see any thing wrong with a little flamingo hanky panky...
First there was muskrat love..now we have flamingo love...
fuckme till I spread my wings and wag my head...

17 comments:

Cassandra said...

I just wish I had a front yard so I could have some pink flamingos to arrange in kinky sexual positions.

Unknown said...

I always did look good in pink.........

carina said...

LOL junebugg.
I love this! Too bad there aren't flamingos at the Detroit zoo, now I want to hang out and observe a flamingo community. I had no idea.

Ol' Lady said...

sounds just like a saturday night in the city at the bar :)

Pixie said...

Wow who would have thought.....
Sexy Flamingo's

yellowdoggranny said...

babs:peaches would be having flamingo for dinner..
juney: yes you do..
carina:yup, I will never be able to look at flamingos the same again...
nitwit:yup, they will be shutting down the zoo's and throwing the flamingo's into guantanamo..
ol lady:yup..typical night out on the town...
pixie:hey, flamingos need love too...and from what they say...lots of love..lots of hot kinky 3 way love...

dom said...

Is this REAL flamingoes , or the 49 million plastic ones y'all have on your lawns in the US and A ?

mckait said...

hmm I am speechless!

and fascinated

and speechless again..

thanks for the info..you are better than an encyclopedia!

and you turn a phrase better than any encyclopedia that I have ever seen!

JBlue said...

It keeps coming back to the "captivity."

Anonymous said...

i came again to see your side pane


u dont have to be young to be beautiful

your daughter is pretty
beautiful is not skin deep

Lauren said...

This entire sceario is pretty much normal in Motown. . . LOL!! We define "chaos" as Father's Day in Detroit. . .

Me. . . I want nothin' to do with any more babies. . . Been there, done that, got the crappy t-shirt and aint goin' back. . . LOL!!!!

Love ya!!!

HUGGSS!!

texlahoma said...

Not sure why but that post makes me afraid that I'll have nightmares about pink flamingos with Barry Manilow singing Copa Cabana in the background.

Anonymous said...

That is some wild shit. I would love to see the dance actually.
It also reminded me of some article in a tabloid (enquirer or something) about a woman who stole a baby from another woman's womb and killed her. We're all animals aren't we...

yellowdoggranny said...

anonymous:thanks
lauren:I'm telling you..the only thing I have to say about kids/babies children is: use birth control everyone..use birth control..
tex:yup..with john walters floating around in the back ground
Mental:that is freaking scary...don't think that a flamingo would would do that to get a baby..

Josh said...

This is awesome. So I wonder if the plastic flamingos are considered sex toys at the zoo?

Cie Cheesemeister said...

I love flamingos, whatever their sexual orientation. They are so beautiful.
Unlike humans, who are basically very ugly animals when you think about it. Sparse hair over most of the body, thicker in certain places. When God noticed what he'd done after creating humans, he shouted, "oh, Damn Me!"

:P fuzzbox said...

I never would have imagined that flamingos would be so freaky. This is just too cool.