I'm a liberal pagan living in West, Texas. Yes. That West, Texas.

Monday, April 09, 2007

.......THIS POST IS FOR ME.......










I have the best Texas news...all my teams are du'in gud...I am so happy....life don't suck...







The Dallas Mavericks are closing in on a record 70 wins..I think they will fall short by one..but still...they rock..The Texas Rangers started out like old people fucking, but won their season opener home game...and I don't know if I have been on another planet or not paying attention(probably both)..but we now have Sammy Sosa playing for the Texas Rangers...when the fuck did that happen?...I swear..I have got to pay more attention to Baseball, and less to Football..The Dallas Stars Hockey team is kicking some serious ass..they clinched a playoff spot..I have visions of the Texas Rangers winning the World Series, The Dallas Stars winning the what ever they win if they win it all...The Dallas Mavericks winning the championship...The Dallas Cowboys winning the Super Bowl and Baylor Girls winning the championships in all the sports they play in..like basketball, baseball, tennis, etc...and we have a shot at winning some more (if the OU girls all drop out of school) as the Baylor women's basketball coach Kim Mulkey signed a 10-year, $10 million dollar contract...hot damn..I think everyone thought she was going to take a big pay jump and go to Texas..but she stayed for security and love I would like to think...







Then to top it off.....Babe Laufenberg is going to be back on the radio as the announcer for the Dallas Cowboys...he left for a year and man he was really missed..I have been known to turn the tv on the game, turn down the sound and listen to the radio and let Babe and Brad call the game...but there is a football Goddess...they fired Joe Theismann as an announcer...Oh thank you Goddess...every time I would hear his voice I would throw things at the tv and scream at him to 'SHUT THE FUCK UP'... Jeez, I can't stand that asshole...I am not normally a mean spirited person...well, not all the time anyhow...but when he got his leg broke?...I didn't feel sorry for him...I didn't cheer...but I didn't feel bad for him either...asshole...and one of my favorite Cowboy memories is his skins getting the shit kicked out of them and they had benched him cause he sucked so bad..and it was his birthday and his kid was on the sideline with him....( I did feel sorta bad for the kid)..and the entire stadium sang Happy Birthday to him...I laughed so hard I hurt myself..Ok, so maybe I am a little mean spirited...














I was going to post this yesterday..but I decided to watch some video's instead...Watched The Island..which I really did like...I don't think it made a lot of money and got panned by the critics..but I liked it...watched Two For The Money and what can I tell you...it had Mathew and Al Pacino...what more could you ask for?...Judas Priest that kid looks good without his shirt...fuckme till I do pushups..boy howdy!







Then I watched Hide and Go Seek with Robert De Neiro(spelling)....and Dakota Fanning...wow, I got caught on the ending of that one..and ususally I figure out what's what by the first 20 minutes..but this one left me slack jawed..







Then.......oh man..I watched Broken Trail with Robert Duvall...what a great movie...not as good as Lonesome Dove, but it is really good...but pissed,as the guy at video world forgot that it was a 2-parter and only gave me part one.







fuckity fuck fuck fuck...so will go today and get part two...all I have left is Narnia, bedtables, wardrobes, lions, etc..what ever the title of it is...that was all 3 of my kids very favorite series of books when they were kids...and loved the tv show...







Of course I can't finish this post without some Bushbashing...this is from Doonesbury..and they are Bush-at-warisms....







"If the Iranians were to have a nuclear weapon, they could proliferate."3/21/06..







"No question that the enemy has tried to spread sectarian violence. They use violence as a tool to do that."..3/22..







"The best way to defeat the totalitarian of hate is with an ideology of hope--an ideology of hate..excuse me---with an ideology of hope." 1/11/07..







"Make no mistake about it, I understand how tough it is.I talk to families who die." 12/7/06...







Don't if just make you fucking proud?...yup...6 years ago..he couldn't even spell president..now he are one......

13 comments:

Cyberoutlaw said...

Sosa is on the Rangers??? You're right, when the hell did that happen, LOL! Good to hear that Sammy is back. I hope he hasn't lost anything, although he's probably already seen his best years. Still, Sammy's the man!

texlahoma said...

G.W.'s kindergarten evaluation.
Tends to exaggerate.
Once found a firecracker on the playground and told everyone, quite convincingly, that it was dynamite, the bomb squad was called in.
Eavesdrops on other students and listens in on phone conversations whenever possible.

the rube said...

did he really figure out how to say nuclear?

seems like yesterday it was nucular.

Cie Cheesemeister said...

"You can't score a touchdown if you don't have the football."
Damn--that's brilliant! Wish I'd thought of it!
I read The Chronicles of Narnia to my son when he was way too young to remember. I'd have him balanced in one arm nursing him and I'd have the book in the other hand, reading aloud so I wouldn't fall asleep, pitch over and smother the poor child because I was so exhausted all the time. Recently he spent one afternoon really reading the whole series. I wonder if any of my tired droning stuck in his mind.

apositivepessimist said...

Thank god you put some movies in...I wouldn't have been able to comment otherwise. hee.

I watched Hide n Seek a few weeks back and since then have been telling people [real people like] to go get it out. Not too shabby an ending aye JS. That Dakota fanning is a terrific little actress isn't she.

Just finished watching The Ring, which turned out to be part 2 of it. I'm thinking it must be the first one everyone is "raving" [as in my immediate family] about how scary/good it is. Because it can't be the bloody second one...pfft.

yellowdoggranny said...

cyberoutlaw:it's really weird..I was talking to Margaret my walking lady friend and when I mentioned sosa was on the rangers she was like me..when did that happen..??? he's already hitting some homers..
Tex:hahahahah, that's funny...9th grade...george w is still finding it hard to say neclear and hasen't finished his reading assignment about the goat ...
the rube:see above ...hahah
bbc:I live and bleed silver and blue...I stole the fuckity fuck fuck fuck from Sooner...but I think I added a fuck..

Jan:theismann is such a dick wad..he won my eternal hatred when he left his fist wife for his soon to be second wife by leaving her a goodby letter in the mailbox along with the lyrics to some song..dickhead..
cheesemeister:Im sure all the reading of stories to my kids and grandkids has paid off...jenny is 20 and still likes me to read her lafcadio the lion by shel silverstein...
apos: yeah, you will have to learn about our sports when you become a kentucy wife...and an american citizen...
I saw ring..but not the others...I don't like the second and third and fourth versions of movies...with the exception of the godfather, they are usually flops..
buddha_girl:heehee...beat your wife joe...that's priceless...

Allan said...

Sosa's back at the Rangers? Didn't Dubya trade him to the Cubs for a handful of magic beans back before he was appointed Preznit?
That shoulda tipped the voters off in 2000...OH... wait. He DID lose the popular vote.
Oh hell.

Heidi said...

I can't believe he can say totalitarian. Oh, wait a minute... I forgot he's a totalitarian and is trying to run a totalitarian society. Stupid me.

No, I missed Barack Obama. Darn it. I like that man. Not as much as John Edwards, but I like him.

By the way, we're expecting snow here in Minnesota. But I guess that's nothing new.

Nit Wit said...

After the Gump finishes this President thing he wants to be Commisioner of Baseball. So the American pastime will be ruined too.
I saw most of those movies and Hide and Seek was great, but I always feel cheated by movies like that because I like to watch them movies more than once.
One of the few feetball games I have watched was the one where that idiot got his leg snapped like a wishbone.

I'm watching the Reds Play Arizona right now in Arizona. I thought they were going to have to send their trainers to school to learn how to treat frostbite and hypothermia before they left Ohio. Cleveland had to move games to Milwakie because of snow and cold. They have a roof there.
Spsa's just like Bonds. Without the steiroids they become average players.
I'm glad to see you arn't a Houston fan. They got off to a good start for the Reds anyway.
I'm never gonna type those letters right.

yellowdoggranny said...

allan: i still dont know when they acquired sosa..it's like he just showed up one day at batting practice and they let him stay..
HMH:i like barak obama better than john edwards..I saw him try to keep that kid jack under control and he never did..figure if he can't handle his own kid, he cant handle the country..
nitwit: i only root for houston if the dallas teams are out..but since posedneck is with the chicago white sox..we are forced to root for them now...

Me said...

Heya, girl. There I was, scrolling down the comments to add mine, when I stopped with a thud. I see BBC has found you. Trust me on this, BAN him. You will get utterly SICK & TIRED of hearing about his *cough* sexual exploits & whatnot. OMFG!!!!

Anyways, I, too, utterly despise Joe T. What a loser! HILARIOUS that he changed his name to sound like the ultimate football trophy he DIDN'T win!!!

Pixie said...

Just passing by to say Hi :)

Josh said...

"The Chronicles of Narnia" was the first fantasy series I ever got into, back when I was in elementary school. I haven't seen the movie yet, but I've heard it's good.

Glad your favorite teams are winning.