I'm a liberal pagan living in West, Texas. Yes. That West, Texas.

Thursday, January 07, 2010

MY NEPHEW PHILLIP

Is in a cancer treatment place in Arizona and this is him on the video with the dog..he's the one wearing the Texas Longhorns cap..ha..I got an email from him and they set him up in a 12x12 room just so he can paint. Said he has 7-8 paintings going at once. He's the one that painted me the beautiful mermaid and put on the back of the painting..'tastes like chicken'...Still makes me giggle
Winter has come to West...low to night of 18 with wind chill 5 degrees to zero. Same for tomorrow and Saturday. No snow, no sleet and just a little bit of rain last night and this morning. As long as I have sunshine I can deal with the cold. But it is quite 'nipply'...K' I'm out of here, have to go get gas in the truck and some chicken breasts from Food Mart. Guys don't let your meat loaf and ladies chin up ...tits out..
http://www.abc15.com/content/news/westvalley/goodyear/story/Valley-cancer-patients-get-relief-from-team-of/iyU6e7bLOUSpB9JyNsrlUA.cspx

7 comments:

Big Pissy said...

Awwwwww.....your nephew looks like he's doing pretty well, all things considered. Love his hat! :)

Dogs are better than most people. Just sayin'. ;-)

Willym said...

Prayers and thoughts to Phil. Dog is after all god spelled backwards.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Therapy dogs are furry little angels! Best wishes to your nephew! Maybe Dexter should become a therapy cat! Ha ha, yeah.

Nit Wit said...

I hope he's getting better.
They had someone bringing in dogs at the old farts rehab place.
It was fun watching people who were always glum light up when one was brought in.
If the pet is anything like the one that The Boss brought home 7 years ago I don't know. I didn't have high blood pressure before then.
I like the guy with the Cancer Sucks hat. I think we have the same outlook.

yellowdoggranny said...

I think he's recovering ok..know he's still taking chemo..medicine cost $1,200 a month+

sageweb said...

hope the nephews is doing better very cool they let him paint..I like that.

Intense Guy said...

Sometimes I think chemo is worse than the disease.

I hope your nephew pulls though ok.