I'm a liberal pagan living in West, Texas. Yes. That West, Texas.

Saturday, July 10, 2010

FIRST WESTFEST ADVERT.


























Yup..it's getting to be that time of the year again. Westfest 2010. It's our 35 Anniversary. I missed the first one but was here for 2 on..Except for the 2 years I was on the road working for the book store. I see this year they have added the 1st annual Westfest Bowl. It should be played here in West, but will be played in Waco at the Waco ISD Stadium. Between West Trojans and Troy Trojans. Instead of being called the Westfest Bowl, should be called the Rubber Bowl. I might go this year as it's the 35th Anniversary. It's $12 for the Friday Preview Party, with Josh Abbott and Gary P. Nunn and the Scott Shelby Band. I not being a country western music fan will probably not go to that. But might go to the Saturday event. That's $8. But wait, I'm a senior citizen..I get in for $4. Hot damn, about time being an old fart paid off.
I can also walk from the apartment and save $3 parking. You're all invited...double click to enlarge the pictures.

9 comments:

Jan said...

What a great town. I hope your teenagers don't whine about there's nothing to do in town.

yellowdoggranny said...

actually other than sports and westfest..there isn't much for them to do.

My name WAS Female, I shit you not! said...

Dang! I spy the word "polka" in those ads.
Now why didn't those Czech in laws like me?
Polish people polka too. :0)

Intense Guy said...

Goodness... Labor Day is merely weeks away now... And with a thing like Westfest it must take a bunch of planning.

I want to meet Miss Westfest... :)

The antique tractor pull sounds like a hoot too.

Did you get rid of Dexter's "love offering" (the rat) yet?

Nit Wit said...

I don't think I can make it this year. I still have an extra hole in me plus a MRSA superbug infection.
I want to meet Miss Westfest too, but The Boss may have something to say about that. I'd hate for her to go to prison for correcting my bad behavior.

texlahoma said...

Man, you sure do live in a good little town. If I ever move to Texas...

NitWit - This may be stupid, but have you ever tried silver? Like Nano silver? You should see if it does any good.

rox said...

I should plan to attend next year, I love to Polka! Oh, except it's fucking hot there. Sorry. Have WestFest in Winter, and I'll totally go!

Nit Wit said...

Tex we try everything. I have silver paste and silver coated dressings and when I was on the woundvac the foam dressing was impregnated with silver. If I could try to recover it all I wouldn't need my disability.

texlahoma said...

Nit Wit - I should have known but thought I'd mention it.

YDG - That thing said horseshoe pitching, I know what that is but what is washers? Some big ol boys see how far they can throw a washing machine?