I'm a liberal pagan living in West, Texas. Yes. That West, Texas.

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

GUESS WHO CAME FOR SKUNK EGG?

Ray and Nan. These are their blogs..They were vising their daughter in East  Texas..which is a 5 hour drive from West. So I'm really pleased that they made the effort and drove all that way to see me and West and have a skunk egg. I don't think Nan was too impressed...but it is very spicy. She had chicken fried steak, and Ray had Sausage and kraut and I had bacon cheeseburger. Yeah, yeah, I gave it up..I lied..I can give up sex for 22 years but not Pizza House for a month. After we had lunch I drove them around West and pointed out the high lights, the 2 grocery store,Old Corner Drug Store, Wolf's bar, the black smith and the old Depot and the cabooses. Past the high school and to the library to meet Nancy. Also drove around and showed them the different styles of houses. We have some lovely old homes. Was going to take them to see Patsy Patsy Patsy, but she was off work already. We went to the apt. for a rest and a chatfest and then took them to Gerik's to show them what a real Kolache looks like. I meant to give them a Dr Pepper made with can sugar but forgot, dang it. Had them chilling in the refrigerator. They left and were taking the southern route so they could see Austin and the blue bonnets. It was great to meet them and I really enjoyed having them come down to see what it's all about. Hope they had as good of a time as I did..Eat your heart out you guys..they made the trip..So come on down....




http://mannikkomaki.blogspot.com/
http://mannikko.blogspot.com/

6 comments:

Nit Wit said...

Found an excuse to go to Pizza House I see. That's why you want everyone to come visit. More Bacon Cheeseburgers. :P

FoxyMoron said...

I don't even know what most of that stuff is. Must have a GoogleFest.

MarkD60 said...

Blogger is good for making new friends. Facebook is good for finding old ones.

yellowdoggranny said...

I love the fact that I get to meet some of the people that have become friends and get to show off West to them..

My name WAS Female, I shit you not! said...

How exciting !!!!
You are the Queen of "Come On Down!" :0)

(((hugs)))Pat

Intense Guy said...

:)

The West Texas ambassadore extraornaire' has done her job.