I'm a liberal pagan living in West, Texas. Yes. That West, Texas.

Friday, April 20, 2012

LIKE ANY NORMAL DAY

As most of you know I'm a great friend...A damn good enemy too, but that's not what I'm here for this time.Anne from http://godsrbored.blogspot.com/
is one of my favorite people. I happen to know her husband is a sportswriter for some Philadelphia paper..I really never bothered to ask because anything having to do with Philadelphia conjures up pictures of them fecking Eagles and no sense in going there. I also know that he's a very good author and he has a new book out. Anne has sorta asked her friends to check it out..Well, before she had even asked, I had Nancy order the book for our library. Actually she said she wasn't sure it was in the budget, so I was going to buy the book myself and donate it to the library my ownself. But she read the reviews and decided it would make a good book to have, so she got it. I told Anne I had it and was going to read it after I finished Lone Wolf. Which taught me more about the wolves and wolf packs then I thought I would want to know..Good book check it out..
..but lets get to why we're here. Like Any Normal Day is just a wonderful book. I had no expectations when I started reading it..I didn't know the people involved or had no memory of ever reading anything about them. My mistake..Mark Kram, Jr. has written a lovely story about some very normal people who are all changed by an event that happened to their 17 year old brother and son. I'm not going to tell you any more. I want you to go get the book, check it out of the library or down load it, which ever you want to do. I will say it's a jewel. I started weeping uncontrollable at the top of page 204 and was still weeping when I finished reading it. Which was less than 30 minutes ago...I'm still weepy..
I've never steered you wrong before ...trust me...yafta read this book. 

10 comments:

Rainwolf said...

Well crap. Now I hafta.

TheWayfarer said...

It's in the mix.
I gotta finish THE STAND by Stephen King...And recover from seeing The Hunger Games, which should get an oscar!

Vicki said...

thanks, will look into it when I get back home!

Ol'Buzzard said...

I don't know granny; crying at the end of book is not exactly a recommendation to me.
the Ol'Buzzard

Rox said...

OMG the last thing I need today is another thing that's going to make me cry! I'm a hot mess as it is!

I'll put it on my list though!

Jan said...

I've read every book you've told me to, but I really don't need a cry in my life right now.

yellowdoggranny said...

well I cry at Dr Pepper commercials so I'm sure not every one will weep like me..but it's a good cry..and the end of the book your happy..and he did such a wonderful job of making these strangers more like friends..it's an excellent book.

Unknown said...

I just put it on my list for books to rad this summer-who'd thunk that gong to college left you no time to read!

yellowdoggranny said...

don't let the crying stop you..it's really an uplifting book..

Intense Guy said...

This was in the local paper yistidy.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/sportsweek/149471945.html?cmpid=15585797

:)